Re: We all are looped on Internet: request +transport = invariant

From: "Bart Degryse" <Bart(dot)Degryse(at)indicator(dot)be>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: We all are looped on Internet: request +transport = invariant
Date: 2007-04-23 06:46:59
Lists: pgsql-sql

A hierarchical is specialized in managing data which is hierarchically
structured, while a relational database is not.
Maybe this analogy is clearer: If you want to fly you could attach
wings to your sportscar, but it's more logical to use a plane.

>>> Dmitry Turin <sql4-en(at)narod(dot)ru> 2007-04-20 16:21 >>>
>you could use a hierarchical database instead of a relational
database

why ?
why is impossible to make addition for relational database?