Re: HOT Patch - Ready for review

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: HOT Patch - Ready for review
Date: 2007-04-19 13:23:48
Lists: pgsql-patches

Pavan Deolasee wrote:
> Please find the attached HOT patch, which I think is now ready for
> review.

What's the purpose of the "HeapScanHintPagePrune" mechanism in index
builds? I lost track of the discussion on create index, is the it
necessary for correctness? A comment in IndexBuildHeapScan explaining
why it's done would be nice. In any case a PG_TRY/CATCH block should be
used to make sure it's turned off after an unsuccessful index build.

--
Heikki Linnakangas