Login to Postgres 8.2 via Cygwin hangs

From: Sergei Dubov <sdubov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Login to Postgres 8.2 via Cygwin hangs
Date: 2007-04-19 03:25:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi guys,

I just installed the latest release of Postgres (8.2 native version) on
Win XP Pro). When I try to run psql through Cygwin, I cannot get to the
postgres terminal. I mean I type in the password, and the feeling is
that it just hangs.

It all works fine from Windows terminal.

Any ideas at all?

Thanks a lot!

Serge

P.S. I remember I played with Postgres 8.0 about a year ago, and it all
worked fine on Cygwin.....