Re: Translation to Macedonian

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Goce Smilevski <smilevsk(at)sonet(dot)com(dot)mk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Translation to Macedonian
Date: 2007-04-18 07:57:38
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

Goce Smilevski a écrit :
> I see that the Macedonian translation is outdated (if it has ever been
> maintained) and I intend to spend time to update it. I installed pgAdmin3
> 1.6.3 and poEdit 1.3.6 and started translating strings. But, I noticed
> that some standard yes/no/cancel dialogs cannot be translated, most
> probably because they are rendered using the wxWidgets library. I also
> noticed that wxstd.mo is located into each language directory. My
> questions is: will pgAdmin be completely translated (along with
> wxWidgets-rendered text) if the wxstd.po file is translated separately and
> the compiled .mo file copied into the mk_MK directory ?

The Macedonian translation is unmaintained. I'm glad you wish to spend
time updating it. Send your updates to me, so I can put them on SVN.
Which .po file did you take ? the one from
http://www.pgadmin.org/translation/status.php ?

wxWidget doesn't seem to be translated in Macedonian
(http://www.wxwidgets.org/about/i18n.php). Perhaps you can help them
with that.

Regards.

--