Hacking on PostgreSQL via GIT

From: Martin Langhoff <martin(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>
To: fgp(at)phlo(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Hacking on PostgreSQL via GIT
Date: 2007-04-16 07:18:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Florian,

I am right now running an rsync of the Pg CVS repo to my work machine to
get a git import underway. I'm rather keen on seeing your cool PITR Pg
project go well and I have some git+cvs fu I can apply here (being one
of the git-cvsimport maintainers) ;-)

For the kind of work you'll be doing (writing patches that you'll want
to be rebasing onto the latest HEAD for merging later) git is probably
the best tool. That's what I use it for... tracking my experimental /
custom branches of projects that use CVS or SVN :-)

Initially, I'll post it on http://git.catalyst.net.nz/ and I can run a
daily import for you - once that's in place you can probably get a repo
with your work on http://repo.or.cz/

cheers,

martin
Martin @ Catalyst .Net .NZ Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St, Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/ PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
OFFICE: +64(4)916-7224 UK: 0845 868 5733 ext 7224 MOB: +64(21)364-017
Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler - Einstein