Re: GEQO Benchmark

From: "Tarcizio Bini" <tarcizioab(at)c3sl(dot)ufpr(dot)br>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GEQO Benchmark
Date: 2008-05-28 17:54:56
Lists: pgsql-performance

I'm interested in the response time instead of the quality of it, that is,
if this response is (or not) a best plan. Thus, my interest on the response
time is to compare the GEQO algorithm with other solutions for optimization
of queries, more specificaly when there are 12 or more tables evolved.
Accordingly, the algorithm of dynamic programming becomes hard because of
the computational cost to obtain the optimal plan.

My question is to know what tool or method was used to test the GEQO
algorithm or if there is some documentation that explain how the geqo was
tested.

Regards,

Tarcizio Bini