Re: GUI glitch (1.6.3)

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>, "Milen A(dot) Radev" <milen(at)radev(dot)net>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GUI glitch (1.6.3)
Date: 2007-04-05 08:59:27
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Dave Page a écrit :
>> Florian G. Pflug wrote:

>>> German? How comes? ;-)
>>
>> Gotta practice once in a while :-)
>>

> :)
>
> Still working on it.
>
> I've installed pgAdmin 1.6.3 on a new PC with Windows XP and I still
> have this problem. I thought it could be a garbled xrc file but they
> seem to be integrated in the EXE file on Windows. So I can't tell you if
> my guess is right.
>
> I don't have problems with a compiled linux build. I don't see changes
> on the dlgEditGridOption.xrc from SVN log. Unfortunately, I can't build
> the windows release. I wonder if it was possible that something break
> during the windows official build ? I mean, before the build, sources
> are fetched from SVN and compiled immediately ? or is there a
> possibility that the dlgEditGridOption.xrc could have been modified
> before the windows build ?
>
> I'll do my best to be able to build a windows release when I get my new
> laptop. But now, I just can't.
>

> Thanks for any info on the current official windows build.

Hmm, that was wierd - I think it must have been caused by a change in
the new wxWidgets version. That control was loaded in code as a custom
control, which appears to stop the sizer working properly. I've changed
it to load in the same way we normally load those controls and all is
well again :-)

BTW, to clear up any confusion about the XRC files, in a debug build on
any platform, the dialogues are loaded from their respective XRC file on
the fly. The files can be editted whilst pgAdmin is running, and the
next time the dialogue is loaded, the new version will be displayed.

The embed-xrc scripts in pgadmin/ui are used to compile the XRC files
into xrcDialogs.cpp. This is used in all release builds, where the XRc
files are no longer required (one of the last remaining roadmap items is
to stop them getting installed on *nix in fact).

Regards, Dave.