Re: Debugger integration

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
Cc: Hiroshi Saito <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Debugger integration
Date: 2007-03-30 19:07:02
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Florian G. Pflug wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>> Hiroshi Saito wrote:
>>> Umm, There may also be structure which debugger is connected with
>>> PostgreSQL by itself and waits for a response, and it may not be
>>> desirable on a constitution.
>>
>> Yeah, that's a good point. In case that doesn't retranslate to German
>> well, what Hiroshi is saying is that users can currently attach the
>> debugger standalone from the command line, so integration might not be
>> the best idea.
>
> OK, so what about a completely different idea. We just build two
> completly independent appbundles, distribute both together, and
> just add code to pgadmin to find the debugger application?

Running the debugger standalone only makes sense if started from the
command line - it doesn't have the UI to let you attach it to anything.

I realise that weakens Hiroshi's argument.

Still, if it is it's own bundle inside the pgadmin bundle, then it
wouldn't be hard to move it outside in the the future should someone
write a UI...

/D