Re: Debugger integration

From: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Hiroshi Saito <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Debugger integration
Date: 2007-03-30 16:37:36
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:
> Hiroshi Saito wrote:
>> Umm, There may also be structure which debugger is connected with
>> PostgreSQL by itself and waits for a response, and it may not be
>> desirable on a constitution.
>
> Yeah, that's a good point. In case that doesn't retranslate to German
> well, what Hiroshi is saying is that users can currently attach the
> debugger standalone from the command line, so integration might not be
> the best idea.

OK, so what about a completely different idea. We just build two
completly independent appbundles, distribute both together, and
just add code to pgadmin to find the debugger application?

I think OSX has support for this - after all, the finder finds
the correct application to open a certain file with, even if
you move the application around on your harddisk.

That only works if mixing different versions of the debugger and
of pgadmin3 doesn't cause trouble, of course.

Alternatively, we could do both - include the debugger app in the
pgadmin3 bundle, but also provide it separately.

greetings, Florian Pflug