Re: Patch queue concern

From: Carlo Florendo <subscribermail(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch queue concern
Date: 2007-03-29 02:17:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Gregory Stark wrote:

> In any case I think Simon and you have fallen into the trap of thinking of
> development as a single-person project. Most developers here, especially
> first-time contributors, don't just work in the dark on their own and turn up
> with a finished patch. They have questions and need help in areas. If you
> insist on a "finished" patch before you even consider reviewing their work
> it's not going to work.

This isn't about "finished" patches. It's about "commit-worthy" patches,
and since the term is very subjective, there has to be some way for an
arbiter to be able to say that such a patch is worth committing. And I
think the arbiter should not come from any of the two opposing sides with
diametrically opposed claims or opinions.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Carlo

--
Carlo Florendo
Softare Engineer/Network Co-Administrator

--
The Astra Group of Companies
5-3-11 Sekido, Tama City