Re: unexpected data beyond EOF and character encoding

From: Jaime Silvela <JSilvela(at)Bear(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: unexpected data beyond EOF and character encoding
Date: 2007-03-28 15:42:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Wow, thanks! I'll definitely get the Unix operations guys to investigate.
Do you know if this is tracked as an issue for Linux? I'd like some
reassurance that whatever release Unix Ops is able to upgrade to fixes
the bug.

I'll try to get one of our machines upgraded and test there, and will
let you know if I find anything on my part.

Thanks again
Jaime

Tom Lane wrote:
> Jaime Silvela <JSilvela(at)bear(dot)com> writes:
>
>> Here's the uname -a:
>> Linux wdlbc22r06 2.6.5-7.244-bigsmp #1 SMP Mon Dec 12 18:32:25 UTC 2005
>> i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>>

> The previous thread says
>

>>> SLES support helped upgrade our SLES 9, sp3, linux kernel from 2.6.5-7.244
>>> to 2.6.5-7.282. Since that we haven't had any blocks of rows beign
>>> re-written or blanked out by the kernel. The new kernel is handling the
>>> wirtes much better.
>>>

> While I can't say that his 2.6.5-7.244 is the same as yours, it does
> seem a bit too close for comfort.
>
> regards, tom lane

Bear Stearns does not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. You
should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before
engaging in any transaction. In order for Bear Stearns to comply with
Internal Revenue Service Circular 230 (if applicable), you are notified
that any discussion of U.S. federal tax issues contained or referred to
herein is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for
the purpose of: (A) avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the
Internal Revenue Code; nor (B) promoting, marketing or recommending to
another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.