Investigating upgrading from version 8.0.1 to 8.2.3 to allow for easy replication and upgrades.

From: Chuck Amadi <chuck(dot)amadi(at)rokcorp(dot)com>
To: postgresql <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Investigating upgrading from version 8.0.1 to 8.2.3 to allow for easy replication and upgrades.
Date: 2007-03-28 13:23:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi List

My Organisation are currently investigating upgrading from version 8.0.1
to 8.2.3 to allow for easy replication and upgrades.

The Primary database server **houses both the TEST and LIVE Postgresql
databases and are synchronised to a Secondary database server.

Thus I am looking at RSERV (Master/Slave concept) and pg_dumpall.

PS I also like to know about the RESRV failover concept.

Please is there any good links or gotcha's.

Cheers
Chuck

--
Chuck Amadi
ROK Corporation Limited

Tel: 01446 795 839
Fax: 01446 794 994
International Tel: +44 1446 795 839

email: chuck(dot)amadi(at)rokcorp(dot)com

This email is confidential to the addressee only. If you do not believe
that you are the intended recipient, do not pass it on or copy it in any
way. Please delete it immediately.