Re: Is there a shortage of postgresql skilled ops people

From: Tony Caduto <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is there a shortage of postgresql skilled ops people
Date: 2007-03-27 20:09:08
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

>> The sad reality from what I have observed is that unless more people gain
>> those skills and want to work in ops, it's becoming very hard for me to
>> justify recommending postgresql for enterprise (or larger) scale projects.
>>
>> What do others do and/or experience?

I think there are people around, but maybe they don't want to move etc.

If a PostgreSQL job where ever to show up in Milwaukee, I would apply
for it in a heartbeat.

Another thing is this, how hard could it possibly be for a MS SQL DBA or
Oracle DBA to pick up using PostgreSQL?
I don't think it would take a decent admin of any database to come up to
speed in a very short time as long as they were interested in doing so.

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design