Re: Ctrl+F in MsAccess table is very slow

From: Arnaud Lesauvage <arnaud(dot)lesauvage(at)laposte(dot)net>
To: David Gardner <david(dot)gardner(at)yucaipaco(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ctrl+F in MsAccess table is very slow
Date: 2007-03-23 19:23:56
Lists: pgsql-odbc

David Gardner a écrit :
> I think Access not knowing if the server side fields have indexes is
> common in both tables and views. Are you viewing the table using a form
> or the tables?

Just as a table.
We are a few people working on this DB and we are used to just ctrl+f into the tables to get to the record that we're looking for.
You're right that I could build a form though, but that's the kind of work I'd like to avoid ! ;)

> This should be a bit faster than cntrl-F, not sure if it is appropriate
> for the project your working on, but I always seem to be making some
> kinda search form for my projects.

Yes, I think one day I'll have to do this too... Well, maybe the day has come !
Thanks for your help David !

Regards
--
Arnaud