Re: Display of error message

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
To: albin(dot)blaschka(at)raumberg-gumpenstein(dot)at
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, laurent_roche(at)yahoo(dot)com, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Display of error message
Date: 2007-03-02 22:00:35
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Albin!

Most interesting, especially as your setup looks much like mine. And I
do see error messages.
cc-ing Dave and Laurent as they might take special interest in your
case. So I keep it in English.

Some more information might be useful:
encoding of the database? -- \l command in psql or select the
database node in pgAdmin and read from the SQL pane.
client_encoding? -- show client_encoding;
"German as default language" in pgAdmin? Or in postgresql (->
postgresql.conf)?
Way of connecting? Via TCP/IP to port 5432 or some other method?
And maybe the setting in your postgresql.conf might be of interest.

BTW, backports.org has updated to postgresql 8.1.8 a couple of days ago.
You may want to apt-get update & upgrade ..

Regards
Erwin