Re: POSTGRES WAL

From: Mageshwaran <j_mageshwaran(at)sifycorp(dot)com>
To: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Chad Wagner <chad(dot)wagner(at)gmail(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, deductive(at)kutoma(dot)com
Subject: Re: POSTGRES WAL
Date: 2007-03-01 04:19:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thanks tsunakawa , harris

Jonah H. Harris wrote:

> On 2/28/07, Mageshwaran <j_mageshwaran(at)sifycorp(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Is there any method or utility to convert content of WAL files into
>> Human Readable format.
>

> Not really. The only two WAL utilities available that I know of are
> Tom's xlogdump and the SoC project based on it called XlogViewer.
>
> http://pgfoundry.org/projects/xlogviewer/

********** DISCLAIMER **********
Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to
Sify Limited and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to
confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a
forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have been sent with
the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient, an
agent of the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering the
information to the named recipient, you are notified that any use,
distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this
information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us
immediately at admin(at)sifycorp(dot)com

Watch the latest updates on Mumbai, with video coverage of news, events,
Bollywood, live darshan from Siddhivinayak temple and more, only on
www.mumbailive.in

Watch the hottest videos from Bollywood, Fashion, News and more only on
www.sifymax.com