Re: conversion efforts (Re: SCMS question)

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Warren Turkal <wt(at)penguintechs(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: conversion efforts (Re: SCMS question)
Date: 2007-02-28 00:55:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Warren Turkal wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 February 2007 13:50, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> You know, you can prune what is rsynced.
>>

> I am not sure why you brought this up, but yes I did know this.

Well I thought it might be useful to prune that directory you were
having trouble with. But we have apparently fixed the problem.

>> my rsync line looks like this:
>>
>> rsync -avzCH --delete --exclude-from=/home/cvsmirror/pg-exclude
>> anoncvs.postgresql.org::pgsql-cvs /home/cvsmirror/pg
>>
>> and the exclude file has these four lines:
>>
>> /sup/
>> /CVSROOT/loginfo*
>> /CVSROOT/commitinfo*
>> /CVSROOT/config*
>>

> This setup prunes 1.25MB.
>
> Are you suggesting that I prune this from the conversion?

You don't need /sup/ for the conversion, I believe - isn't that just
there for cvsup support? Of course, 1.25Mb is fairly small in a 341Mb
repo, but every bit helps I guess.

cheers

andrew