Re: Small patch to compile on IRIX 6.5 with gcc

From: Matteo Beccati <php(at)beccati(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Small patch to compile on IRIX 6.5 with gcc
Date: 2007-02-27 23:31:05
Lists: pgsql-patches

Hi,

>> + #include <internal/stdlib_core.h>
>>
> This will break many, possibly most platforms. It is certainly absent on
> this Linux box.
>

>> + #include <sys/file.h>
>
> Why is this needed?
>
> Perhaps if you showed us the errors that result from not having these
> things we could judge better how to address them.

After some digging, it seems that gcc is using some custom header files
in /usr/freeware/lib/gcc-lib/mips-sgi-irix6.5/3.3/include/ as first match.

This files seem to be generated by fixincludes and some seem to be non
working (I.e. unistd.h is empty). Moving away unistd.h and stlib.h does
the trick and postgresql compiles without any patch.

template1=# SELECT VERSION();
version
PostgreSQL 8.2.3 on mips-sgi-irix6.5, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.3
(1 row)

gmake check also runs without any failure.

Best regards
--
Matteo Beccati
http://phpadsnew.com