Re: Patch to roadmap

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch to roadmap
Date: 2007-02-27 06:24:55
Lists: pgsql-www

Tom Lane wrote:
> "Joshua D. Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> writes:
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> I don't mind mentioning the existence of the wiki but please do not give
>>> it pride of place over the TODO list.
>
>> It isn't... the wiki (which is at developer.postgresql.org) contains ALL
>> information concerning the TODO list. I can certainly add the link back
>> in, but having a link to the TODO and a link to the WIKI is redundant
>> because the WIKI has a link to the TODO.
>
> You've completely misunderstood my point. If we do it that way then the
> TODO list exists only upon sufferance of the wiki, which is not the true
> power structure around here, even if you would wish it otherwise.

I do not wish anything but for the information to be central and easy to
find. Let's stay on task shall we. I find it much more productive. I
submitted a patch. You don't like the patch. Fine. Let's come up with a
better one.

If I click on Developers from the main navigation, I am presented with
several links, one of which is the TODO list.

If I click on Roadmap which happens to be under developers, my patch
removes the link to the TODO to the page that is the WIKI, which
contains more information than your the current roadmap page.

So, I can put the link back, which I already suggested.

I could, also remove roadmap which in general seems to be a redundant
category and thus allow for less links in general, as the roadmap is
basically a regurgitation of the /developer page anyway.

I am open to suggestions.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/