Re: Writting a "search engine" for a pgsql DB

From: Mark Stosberg <mark(at)summersault(dot)com>
To: Madison Kelly <linux(at)alteeve(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Writting a "search engine" for a pgsql DB
Date: 2007-02-26 19:46:18
Lists: pgsql-performance

> Now see, this is exactly the kind of sagely advice I was hoping for! :)
>
> I'll look into tsearch2, and failing that for some reason, I love the
> keyword table idea.

For example keyword search code, you can try this package:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/cascade/cascade-devel-pieces-1.1.tgz?modtime=999556617&big_mirror=0

There is a "keywords" subdirectory with the Perl and SQL. I'm sure this
code is not ideal in a number of ways:

1. It's from 2001.
2. It doesn't actually function on it's own anymore. However, you can
read the code and get ideas.
3. I'm sure someone has a better looking/functioning example!

Anyway, it's there if you want to take a look.

Mark