Re: conversion efforts (Re: SCMS question)

From: Michael Paesold <mpaesold(at)gmx(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Warren Turkal <wt(at)penguintechs(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: conversion efforts (Re: SCMS question)
Date: 2007-02-26 09:10:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Warren Turkal wrote:
>> On Saturday 24 February 2007 15:18, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>> Keep in mind that the repository as converted by Josh, above, is
>>> strangely corrupted in weird and unpredictable ways.
>> Would you care to elaborate on that statement? I'd like to check my
>> converted repositories for what you're referring to.
>
> I don't know :-( I've tried to use the Trac site looking for particular
> changesets and found that for some of them, the list of files are out of
> sync with reality, and sometimes the diff don't have anything to do with
> what the commit message says.
>
> I've never been sure if the problem is the repo itself, or the Trac
> interface. After discovering the problem independently a couple of
> times (the second time I had forgotten that I had already found a
> problem), I stopped using it and reverted to using cvs2cl and cvsup.
>
> I imagine the problems are caused by manual mangling of the files in the
> early days, like the perl5 dir stuff you found.

Hmm, if you only checked using the Trac interface, maybe this is an
issue with re-creating the SVN repo.

Joshua, do you run "trac-admin /path/to/trac/env resync" after
rebuilding the repository? (This command would re-sync the trac database
with the repository.) Otherwise I would certainly expect such issues as
Alvaro describes.

Best Regards
Michael Paesold