successful booth at Fosdem (Brussels)

From: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: successful booth at Fosdem (Brussels)
Date: 2007-02-26 09:06:15
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi,

last weekend we had a postgresql booth at Fosdem
(http://www.fosdem.org). It was the first time, that there was a
postgresql booth and is was a great success.
There were so much visitors on Saturday, that we thought we wouldn't
have enough flyers for sunday. We gave away round about 1000 flyers
(english, french and german).
Just for an overview: the FreeBSD Community gave away 1700 CDs (1500 on
saturday).
We were glad to meet persons of other european communities and one
developer of pgcluster.
We thanks the french community for the french flyers.
Normally for donation, we sell some merchandising stuff like t-shirts
and mugs. In 2006, totally we sold 40 mugs at 12 german events. 25 mugs
were left after 2006. At fosdem we sold them all.
Of course we met a lot of very interessting persons (other communities,
developers, ...) at brussels.
Most questions of the visitors were very technically or the visitors
just talled us, how happy they are using postgresql.
Only 5 times a visitor ask the question: what is the different to mysql.
There was one slapstick Andreas blogged:
http://ads.wars-nicht.de/blog/archives/120-The-real-difference-between-MySQL-and-PostgreSQL.html

Regards

Susanne