Re: Ruby on Rails for PostgreSQL

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Andrej Ricnik-Bay <andrej(dot)groups(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Ruby on Rails for PostgreSQL
Date: 2007-02-25 04:27:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Andrej Ricnik-Bay wrote:
> On 2/24/07, Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
>

>> pgRails is a distribution of Ruby, Rails, and the Ruby PostgreSQL
>> connector all preconfigured for use with PostgreSQL on Windows 2000 and
>> above.
> How easy would that be to integrate on Linux?

pgRails is a Windows MSI package, so it won't work at all on Linux. It
would be easy to setup a similar environment though - the setup is
documented in CVS at
http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/stackbuilder/installers/pgRails/README.txt?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

The install wizard is written using wxWidgets, so porting to Linux would
be easy. It would then download rpm/tgz/deb/whatever packages, as
opposed to msi or exe.

Regards, Dave