Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: SCMS question

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
Cc: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: SCMS question
Date: 2007-02-23 18:11:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 09:12:27AM -0500, Chris Browne wrote:
>> It looks as though there is a strong "plurality" of PostgreSQL
>> developers that are waiting for some alternative to become dominant.
>> I suspect THAT will never happen.

Actually it has. The problem is different SCMS offer different things.

If you are looking for a CVS replacement, that replacement is SVN. I
don't think anyone can reasonably argue against that statement.

If you are looking for something that is not a CVS replacement, but
offers SCM and has different features (like mercurial) then I agree with
you.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/