Re: SCMS question

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Warren Turkal <wt(at)penguintechs(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: SCMS question
Date: 2007-02-22 18:00:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Warren Turkal wrote:
>> On Thursday 22 February 2007 05:26, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>
>>> 2. Many people (and some buildfarm members) operate against mirrors of
>>> the main repo which are created with rsync or CVSup. I am not aware of
>>> any way to do the equivalent with SVN -

Well you could just use rsync with svn ;)

>> any info would be gratefully
>>> received. Of course, SVN is better at disconnected operation than CVS,
>>> so it might be a non-issue for many. Even so, it might be a pity to have
>>> to forego the facility.
>>>

>> Check out svnsync for SVN. It's part of a normal SVN installation.

That is cool, I didn't know about that.

Other items I find interesting about SVN:

1. It has an api that can be written to, that may or may not be helpful
to buildfarm.

2. It has mindshare. I know that isn't a big deal to a lot of people
here, but the it is becoming the new cvs. There are others of course
(like monotone) but most projects I know are moving from cvs to svn or
starting with svn.

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/