pg_dump fails (timestamp out of range)

From: T E Schmitz <mailreg(at)numerixtechnology(dot)de>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump fails (timestamp out of range)
Date: 2007-02-21 10:57:14
Lists: pgadmin-support

I run an ecommerce system on a webserver, which I want to move to a
different machine.

However, I am stalled because pg_dump fails with the following error:

pg_dump: ERROR: timestamp out of range
pg_dump: SQL command to dump the contents of table "server_hit_bin"
failed: PQendcopy() failed.
pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR: timestamp out of range
pg_dump: The command was: COPY public.server_hit_bin (server_hit_bin_id,
content_id, internal_content_id, hit_type_id, server_ip_address,
server_host_name, bin_start_date_time, bin_end_date_time, number_hits,
total_time_millis, min_time_millis, max_time_millis, last_updated_stamp,
last_updated_tx_stamp, created_stamp, created_tx_stamp) TO stdout;

The table contains about 50,000 records, 6 of which are timestamps.
SELECT bin_end_date_time fails with the same error.

SELECT last_updated_tx_stamp fails with another error:

The server has crashied manies a time, presumably a hardware fault. I
presume that the table got corrupted.

Any ideas what I can do to dump/restore the database would be much
appreciated.

--

Regards,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz