Re: Unable to connect on W2K

From: Paul Lambert <paul(dot)lambert(at)autoledgers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unable to connect on W2K
Date: 2007-02-21 07:40:13
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Ludek Finstrle wrote:
>> When I set up a System DSN and try to 'test' the connection, it returns
>> "Could not connect to the server;
>> No connection could be made because the target machine refused it.
>> [172.17.152.207:5432]"
>>
>> My pg_hba.conf file looks like this:
>> host all all 127.0.0.1/32 password
>> host all all 172.0.0.0/8 password
>>
>> DSN info:
>> DSN='AutoDRS',server='FOOTPRINTS',port='5432',dbase='AutoDRS',user='AutoDRS',passwd='xxxxx'
>
> Hello
>
> server='FOOTPRINTS' - are you sure you can reach you server with this
> name? What do you get when you type 'nslookup FOOTPRINTS' in cmd.exe?
> Could you try change the server to 127.0.0.1?
>
> Does this work (?):
> psql.exe -h FOOTPRINTS -p 5432 -U AutoDRS AutoDRS
>
> Regards,
>
> Luf

> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

Given that I am doing this testing from the server itself, yes it knows
how to resolve its own name - evidenced by the initial error message
showing the IP address.

I'll try changing the IP to 127... when I'm back in work tomorrow.

I'm at home now unfortunately so I can't try your suggestion at the moment.

Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers,
Paul.

--