Admin pack's "logfile" doesn't work

Subject: Admin pack's "logfile" doesn't work
Date: 2007-02-17 17:52:13
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I have PgAdmin 1.6.2 talking to a PostgreSQL 8.2.3 server with the
distributed admin pack installed (from source's contrib/adminpack), and
have ran the adminpack.sql script against the postgres database. If, in
PgAdmin, I click Tools > Server Status and select the "logfile" tab, I
get the following error:

"redirect_stderr not enabled or log_filename misconfigured."

My PostgreSQL server is configured as follows:

silent_mode --- on
log_destination --- stderr
log_directory --- /var/log/pgsql
log_filename --- postgresql.%Y%m%d.log
log_rotation_age --- 1d
redirect_stderr --- on

I've tried it with silent_mode set to "off" and stopped/started
PostgreSQL, but it still doesn't work.

Is there anything else I need to check/change to get PgAdmin reading the
log file? Obviously the log is readable/writeable to the postgresql
user account, and is around 400KB per day.

Thanks,

Andy.