Re: rename a cluster

To: Ray Stell <stellr(at)cns(dot)vt(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: rename a cluster
Date: 2007-02-15 18:21:05
Lists: pgsql-admin

The cluster's "name" is only the file-system's directory path.

You can easily rename this directory, as long as you pass the relevant
directory name to pg_ctl's -D parameter (which tells PostgreSQL which
database "cluster" to use.)

It goes without saying, don't move the directory while PostgreSQL is
running.

--
Andy Shellam
NetServe Support Team

the Mail Network
"an alternative in a standardised world"

p: +44 (0) 121 288 0832/0839
m: +44 (0) 7818 000834