Re: Synthesize support for Statement.getGeneratedKeys()?

From: Ken Johanson <pg-user(at)kensystem(dot)com>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Synthesize support for Statement.getGeneratedKeys()?
Date: 2007-02-15 04:31:43
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Ken Johanson wrote:
>
>> I have not tested this exhaustively, nor given though about the
>> correctness of the null-normalization below; is this enough for you or
>> someone to commit the changes?
>>

> No, you've provided the sketch of a solution, but it's not appropriate
> for the driver until you've resolved things like quoting column names,
> putting in a version check for a server that supports RETURNING, and
> added some test cases. Some or all of this can be done by the
> committer, but the more work the committer must do the less likely it's
> going to happen.
>
> Kris Jurka

This patch adds server version checking and only basic quoting to
AbstractJdbc3Statement. No test cases.

It only checks for server version 8 or newer as I couldn't easily find
the threshold for the RETURNING support. It also only quotes the key
array if it contains spaces.

Doe anyone know if there is a scanner method to check for quotable
identifiers? Did server 8 first implement RETURNING?

What other concerns should I apply to this?

Thanks,
ken

Attachment Content-Type Size
AbstractJdbc3Statement.patch text/plain 4.1 KB