Re: Seeking quick way to clone a row, but give it a new pk.

From: Bryce Nesbitt <bryce1(at)obviously(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Hiltibidal, Robert" <Robert(dot)Hiltibidal(at)argushealth(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Seeking quick way to clone a row, but give it a new pk.
Date: 2007-02-08 07:16:12
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have a table that describes some properties. It is logically
equivalent to:

pk userid favorite_color time_zone count
122 100 red Pacific 7
145 101 blue Eastern 7

For various reasons I need to manually add a few rows to this table.
Manually copying one users row, then editing it, would be easier than
starting from scratch.