Re: Majordomo2 (Was: Re: Switching to mailman (Re: [Fwd: NDN: Re: [ODBC]) Connect without queries?])

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Majordomo2 (Was: Re: Switching to mailman (Re: [Fwd: NDN: Re: [ODBC]) Connect without queries?])
Date: 2007-02-06 17:24:11
Lists: pgsql-www

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> I thought outbound delivery was handled by postfix? Having it deliver
>> 23k emails should be trivial.
>
> it should be, but postfix is setup with a content_filter to send the email(s)
> through MAIA for virus/spam filtering, and the content_filter is both inbounce
> and outbound ... that is where it was getting backlogged, not in postfix itself

Given this, and many other comments, the first thing I would do is to
decouple the lists from the hub.org mail infrastructure. Lists have very
different requirements from "normal mailboxes" in my experience, and
should have a dedicated path. That will also make things easier to track.
Put up a dedicated system (VM) for it. That will make everything easier.

>> (I have been looking for info on mj2 for a different project as well,
>> but had to rule it out comlpetely because I could find no documentation
>> and no information whatsoever on the web)
>
> I'll pass on your comment ... the documentation is 'internal', and very
> extensive (almost overwhelmingly so at times) ... but, did you check out
> <http://www.mj2.org/csf/> ... ewww, even those pages leave alot to be desired

I actually found that page as well before. It's got updates until
2004... (and the whole page is labeled, on the front page, as being old
information..)
So yeah, they definitely have some work to do there.

//Magnus