Re: Majordomo2 (Was: Re: Switching to mailman (Re: [Fwd: NDN: Re: [ODBC]) Connect without queries?])

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Majordomo2 (Was: Re: Switching to mailman (Re: [Fwd: NDN: Re: [ODBC]) Connect without queries?])
Date: 2007-02-06 15:13:35
Lists: pgsql-www

>> On top of that, in order to try and speed things up a bit, I've split the
>> 'gmail/hotmail/yahoo' addresses onto their own queues, since those three
>> domains account for something like 50% of the over 23k subscribers to -announce
>> ... that way everyone else doesn't get backlogged in the queue behind them ...
>
> I thought outbound delivery was handled by postfix? Having it deliver
> 23k emails should be trivial.

Yes, it should.

> I hit google for "majordomo 2" which comes up with mj2.org.
>
> Like I said, the developers appear to be responsive, but I fail to find
> any kind of user community. Could be me not agreeing with google today :-)

mj2.org comes up for me, but as mha says it hasn't been updated in 7 years.

> (I have been looking for info on mj2 for a different project as well,
> but had to rule it out comlpetely because I could find no documentation
> and no information whatsoever on the web)

This is another problem. There should be complete documentation. Right
now... Marc is the only one that has any idea how the internals work.

That is incorrect for a project of this size. (PostgreSQL)

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/