Re: Pl/pgsql functions causing crashes in 8.2.2

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: jon5pg(at)streamy(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pl/pgsql functions causing crashes in 8.2.2
Date: 2007-02-06 09:54:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

jon5pg(at)streamy(dot)com wrote:
> Reading the post again I caught a typo in my query. I had been playing
> with variations of this test to try and get it working, but I have had no
> success with any combination as long as it returns this kind of type.
>
> I was comparing integers to uniqueidentiers, which actually works, but is
> unrelated to the issue.

Does it still do it if you just return a single uniqueidentifier?

1. RETURN newid()
2. SELECT INTO r newid(); RETURN r;
3. SELECT id INTO r ...query... LIMIT 1; RETURN r;

If all of these fail, then presumably it's allocating memory incorrectly
but only shows up in a function's context.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd