Re: How to coordinate web team for security releases?

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to coordinate web team for security releases?
Date: 2007-02-05 19:46:59
Lists: pgsql-www

Josh Berkus wrote:
> WWW core team,
>
> I need a way to coordinate with you around preparing postgresql.org for
> upcoming releases, especially for security releases where it's critical that
> the timing be tight. Due to some issues with this last release, pgsql-www
> obviously isn't the right venue.
>
> What I need is a non-public list for this, so that I can ask for web site
> changes 3-4 days ahead without it becoming a news item.

well not that is closely related to the -www issue but the fix/patch
will end up on anoncvs/viewcvs days before the release too (and will get
published including the Security: tag and the commit message there and
distributed to the buildfarm boxes at least).
So to keep it really under the hood would probably be quite difficult to do.

Stefan