Re: I "might" have found a bug on 8.2.1 win32

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: Tony Caduto <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: I "might" have found a bug on 8.2.1 win32
Date: 2007-02-02 17:13:21
Lists: pgsql-general

> So - since there is at least one user who's suprised by this behaviour,
> we probably need two things:
> 1. A message that tells users the password is being remembered for
> *them* rather than for pgAdmin.

Well that is up to the pgAdmin team but I would agree that if pgAdmin is
going to continue the behavior that it should be explicit, something like:

Saving your password with pgAdmin for user Windows user foo.

Heck you could even sell it as a feature.

> 2. A simple way to allow an application to act independently of the
> user-wide configuration. Or perhaps just better explanation in the docs.

Other apps can just null the environment variable.

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/