Re: PostgreSQL 9.0

From: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
To: Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 9.0
Date: 2007-01-30 21:11:43
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

Ron Johnson wrote:
>> Who would they target anyways?
>> There's no one company....
>
> They could buy out CommandPrompt and EnterpriseDB...
>
> The buyouts wouldn't *kill* pg, but they would wound it mightily.

I don't think so. High-profile and high priced buyouts
of CommandPrompt and EnterpriseDB would be great for
postgresql.

It would be a strong motivation for entrepreneurs to start
postgresql companies, developers to build postgresql expertise,
VCs to invest in postgresql companies. And guys like Pervasive
would be kicking themselves for not keeping sticking with it.