Re: Any Plans for cross database queries on the same server?

From: Mark Walker <furface(at)omnicode(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Any Plans for cross database queries on the same server?
Date: 2007-01-30 20:24:42
Lists: pgsql-general

It's interesting that this is yet another issue of where exactly you
want to place your business logic. Do you do it as much as you can on
your sql server or do you bias it towards your client application. It's
obvious that you can do cross database linking in your application
layer, but if you want to keep your logic on your server as much as
possible, you need some form of cross database linking at the server
level. It's sort of a matter of taste, but there are lots of people who
like to keep there logic on the server or at least within sql
statements, so there's probably a good sized market that your not
reaching if you ignore it.