DBLink contrib used for replication

From: Iannsp <iannsp(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DBLink contrib used for replication
Date: 2007-01-26 04:15:22
Lists: pgsql-general

hello all,
I like to know what you think about using dblink to construct serious syncronous and asyncronous replication.
I'm work with this idea only for test and think this is possible or almost possible because I don't know the performance for long distances but in the same network, like inside one company, the performance is good.

thanks for advanced,

--
Ivo Nascimento
Iann tech - Desenvolvendo soluções com performance e segurança