Re: STOP all user access except for admin for a few minutes?

From: Russell Smith <mr-russ(at)pws(dot)com(dot)au>
To: org(at)kewlstuff(dot)co(dot)za
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: STOP all user access except for admin for a few minutes?
Date: 2007-01-22 09:57:55
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

org(at)kewlstuff(dot)co(dot)za wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Is is possible to stop all user access to postgres, but still give
> access to admin?
> Just temporarily, not a security setup.
>
> Something like, stop all users but allow user x and y.
You could restart in single user mode, or alter pg_hba.conf to allow the
users you want and disallow all other users.

single user mode will require you have direct access to the machine to
do the alterations.

using pg_hba.conf will not disconnect existing users as far as I'm aware.

That's the best advice I can offer, maybe somebody else will be able to
give you more