Re: Installing Postegres side-by-side with M$ SQL server

From: Alban Hertroys <alban(at)magproductions(dot)nl>
To: Paul Lambert <paul(dot)lambert(at)autoledgers(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installing Postegres side-by-side with M$ SQL server
Date: 2007-01-22 09:43:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Paul Lambert wrote:
> G'day folks,
>
> I'm faily new to the world of Postgre so excuse me if these questions seem ignorant.
>
> My current employer develops a software package which runs on OpenVMS on HP Alpha/Itanium servers and contains a custom
> database comprised of various format text and binary files. I.e. not in a real database engine.

> Having made a decision to port this SQL server database into Postgre I have a few questions before I get started:

I was going to suggest running it on OpenVMS, but apparently it isn't
supported?
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/supported-platforms.html)

I only know the name and that it's supposedly rather reliable. Is it
much different from your average UNIX?

--
Alban Hertroys
alban(at)magproductions(dot)nl