Re: Troubles in Initializing Postgres Database 8.2

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Maarten van der Heijden <maarten(at)vdg-security(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Troubles in Initializing Postgres Database 8.2
Date: 2007-01-21 17:23:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Maarten van der Heijden wrote:
> I’m having trouble initialzing the PostGres Database 8.2 on Windows Xp
> Embedded. Installation using the windows installer is going fine until
> the initialization process is started. See below for the log. Installing
> postgres without initializing the database cluster is also working fine.

Not sure anybody has ever managed to install/run pg on XP Embedded.

Does it work if you run initdb manually after the install, or do you get
the same problem?

> It seems it cannot find a file…but which one?? And is this related to
> the failing initialization…? Maybe there are some missing “locales” ?

Hmm. That one looks like it's coming from the shared memory stuff. We do
a mapping of the pagefile for that - any chance your XP embedded system
simple does not have a pagefile or something? That would make it
reasonable to return file not found for that I guess.

//Magnus