Re: Questions for Meredith

From: "Meredith L(dot) Patterson" <mlp(at)thesmartpolitenerd(dot)com>
Cc: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Questions for Meredith
Date: 2007-01-16 05:40:09
Lists: sfpug

Josh Berkus wrote:
> BTW, I took up Dejector with one of the Derby engineers. He said that, since
> they are JDBC-only, 80% of the queries run against Derby are properly
> PREPAREd ... making Dejector not particularly critical for Derby.

That's probably just as well, since I wasn't exactly looking forward to
learning a Java-based parser generator (which would probably be more
appropriate than SWIG/JNI).

BTW, Rob and I discussed your question #5, regarding embedding Dejector
into a driver to handle known-insecure applications. I think we have a
solution, but it hinges on the apps in question connecting to the db via
a dedicated user, then determining a most likely exemplar using the
composition technique you suggested.

More later; this combination of being swamped with work and probably
coming down with something has not left me with a lot of time for this
project, but I haven't forgotten. :(

--mlp