Re: Conditional SQL Query

From: "M(dot)P(dot)Dankoor" <m(dot)p(dot)dankoor(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: devil live <definite_ocean(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Conditional SQL Query
Date: 2007-01-11 22:01:42
Lists: pgsql-sql

I think that the simplest solution is to use an union e.g:

select PRD.product_code
,PRD.product_name
,NULL::int AS production_no
,PTT.stock_code_to_make_product
,PTT.amount
from product PRD
,product_tree_template PTT
where 1 = 1
AND PRD.product_code = PTT.product_code
UNION
select PRD.product_code
,PRD.product_name
,PTS.production_no
,PTS.stock_code_to_make_product
,PTS.amount
from product PRD
,product_tree_special PTS
where 1 = 1
AND PRD.product_code = PTS.product_code
ORDER BY 1,2,4

I've added an order by the columns 1,2 and 4 (just guessing),
note that this particular solution uses positional ordering, i.e no
column names.

Mario