Re: pg_regress updates for vc++ bulid

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_regress updates for vc++ bulid
Date: 2007-01-07 19:53:00
Lists: pgsql-patches

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Per some previous discussion that I can't really recall if it was on or
> off list, here is a WIP patch to make pg_regress run completely outside
> of msys on win32.
>
> The change needed is that the processing of files from input/ and
> output/ into sql/ and expected/ is moved from the Makefile and into
> pg_regress itself.
>
> I have tested on Win32 non-MSVC and on Linux (non-VPATH), and it appears
> to work there.
>
> Still to be done is the "make install" part on MSVC build, currently
> #ifdef:ed out. While working on that, I'd appreciate some comments on
> the patch in general - if there are more things I need to fix before it
> can be considered. Particularly I'm concerned around the VPATH stuff,
> since I've never used that myself.

Here's the patch without the WIP tag. It works for me per above, and
also for a "check" (not just "installcheck") on msvc built without msys.

Again, the vpath part is the one I'm most unsure about, but I'm sure
there could be other parts.

Hopefully this will make it possible to get the msvc build up on the
buildfarm not too long from now.

Also, as in the first patch but not noted, this one makes it possible to
run the regression tests as an admin account "the proper way" on both
mingw and msvc.

//Magnus

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgregress.diff text/plain 20.5 KB