Re: Fwd: Re: MSVC odd TAP test problem

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: MSVC odd TAP test problem
Date: 2017-05-10 22:29:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 05/10/2017 01:53 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

>> Does it make a different if you use for example coup_d_grace =>
>> "QUIT"? Per the docs of IPC::Run SIGTERM is used for kills on Windows.
>
> No idea. I'll try.

This isn't going to work. If you look at the code in IPC/Run.pm you see
that the coup_d_grace signal is only used after it has first sent the
hardcoded SIGTERM. It might be tempting to play with using Sysinternals'
pskill utility, but we can hardly expect buildfarm owners and others to
hack their copies of IPC/Run.pm, so I'm going to go ahead and commit the
changes I proposed.

cheers

andrew

--