PsqlODBC with a SSL connection

From: Terry Lorber <tlorber(at)atlantiscomp(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PsqlODBC with a SSL connection
Date: 2007-01-05 19:29:59
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I'm having difficulty connecting in SSL mode with the "PostgreSQL ANSI"
driver from a Win32 machine to a PostgreSQL 8.2 installation on a
GNU/Linux machine.

I can connect from my client w/ SSL using "psql" from the command line
fine, also connecting using plain ODBC works too. When I try to force
the SSL connection (by making changes to the servers pg_hba.conf file),
I'm told SSL is off.

Is there something in the connection string I use to tell the driver to
use SSL?

Thanks.

tgl