Re: Optimalisation options change query results

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: eru(at)mimuw(dot)edu(dot)pl, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Optimalisation options change query results
Date: 2001-04-27 12:57:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs

pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org writes:
> Optimalisation options change query results

SQL92 says

Whether a sort key value that is null is considered greater
or less than a non-null value is implementation-defined, but
all sort key values that are null shall either be considered
greater than all non-null values or be considered less than
all non-null values.

Postgres appears to me to satisfy the spec. There's nothing here that
says we can't choose different NULL treatments in different queries...