Support for DatabaseMetadata: getCatalogName, getTableName, getColumnLabel

From: Ken Johanson <pg-user(at)kensystem(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Support for DatabaseMetadata: getCatalogName, getTableName, getColumnLabel
Date: 2006-12-29 06:10:52
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Greetings,

Using the the driver supplied with PG 8.2 I am seeing the following with
DatabaseMetadata:

a) getCatalogName(int): always empty

b) getTableName(int) always empty

c) getColumnLabel(int) always equal to getColumnName(i), i.e.:
`SELECT foo AS bar from tbl`,
both getColumnName and getColumnLabel return 'bar'. I believe (cant
recall for sure though) that getColumnLabel is behaving okay, but
getColumnName should instead return 'foo'

I did not check the String argument equivalent to of these.

Is there a configuration option in the driver or PG that I can change to
correct this, or are these just not fully implemented yet?

Kind regards,

Ken