View all rows not updated properly if program deletes all rows

From: Guy Rouillier <guyr-ml1(at)burntmail(dot)com>
To: PgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: View all rows not updated properly if program deletes all rows
Date: 2006-12-29 06:03:33
Lists: pgadmin-support

I'm using PgAdmin 1.6.1 against PG 8.2.0, both running on Windows XP. I
have a test Java program that inserts and deletes rows into a single
table; I vary the operation of the program by commenting out various
parts. Before running the program, I open a view window on this table
by selecting "View all rows". When I configure the program to just
insert rows and click the refresh icon, all the inserted rows show up.
If I configure the program to insert then delete *some* rows, when I
click the refresh icon, the remaining rows are properly shown. However,
if I configure the program to insert then delete all rows, clicking the
refresh icon doesn't do anything.

If I go back to the main window and tell it to count the rows in this
table, it correctly reports zero. If I close the original view window
then open a new one, it also correctly displays no data.

--
Guy Rouillier